Save money on fuel with a Free Pipeline Card

Re-building the Dewdrop

This is the story of the "Dewdrop" (previously "Kathleen-Charlotte"). She's a Wooden Silhouette MK II, designed by Robert Tucker and built by Hurley Yachts of Plymouth in 1960. She was literally saved from the bonfire November 2006 and was given to me as a project. PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP and feel free to leave comments!(More info on Silhouette's can be found at www.soia.org.uk) ***PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG UPWARDS!***

Monday, January 28, 2008

Companionway Step





I needed to come up with a design for the companionway step. I've made a simple one that has masses of storage inside. It will also be a platform for the gas stove (pictured).


It will obviously be painted and nicely capped off to look good and it will be removeable to gain access to that area of bilge if necessary.


1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Very impressive Jim. I'm knee deep in the refurb of my GRP MkII and it requires a great deal of staying power! Doesn't help that the boat is 1 1/2 hours drive from home but it means that it is undercover. Your progress may be slow but the quality of finish looks great - I'm working on the same principle. Fashioning the new teak grab rails, cabin hatch and hatch runners assembly at home at the moment and planning to complete the rub down and apply first coat of paint to the hull in late February.

Can you tell me what varnish you used on your mast? I have a can of Blakes Favourite that I have thought better of than to put on the teak work and was considering redeploying to the mast.
contact@sgreig.co.uk
Thanks
Steven

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats