Save money on fuel with a Free Pipeline Card

Re-building the Dewdrop

This is the story of the "Dewdrop" (previously "Kathleen-Charlotte"). She's a Wooden Silhouette MK II, designed by Robert Tucker and built by Hurley Yachts of Plymouth in 1960. She was literally saved from the bonfire November 2006 and was given to me as a project. PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP and feel free to leave comments!(More info on Silhouette's can be found at www.soia.org.uk) ***PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG UPWARDS!***

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another bulkhead appears!






Today I cut out the cockpit forward bulkhead. I've left it over-sized on top as this will be planed to shape when the Bridge-deck gets fitted.


Again, for this job I've used 9mm marine ply. I've put the best side facing the cockpit as this will be varnished. The other side won't be seen under the Bridge-deck and will be painted in any case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kev said...

aargh, she looks a fine vessel jimbo me lad. Reminds me of the days when sailed the spanish maine and sunk the blugards ships oh aargh oh aargh!!!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats