Save money on fuel with a Free Pipeline Card

Re-building the Dewdrop

This is the story of the "Dewdrop" (previously "Kathleen-Charlotte"). She's a Wooden Silhouette MK II, designed by Robert Tucker and built by Hurley Yachts of Plymouth in 1960. She was literally saved from the bonfire November 2006 and was given to me as a project. PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP and feel free to leave comments!(More info on Silhouette's can be found at www.soia.org.uk) ***PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG UPWARDS!***

Monday, July 31, 2006

Got my shed back!

Just been told I can move back into my shed on Thursday. I can really crack on with things then without worrying about the weather/lugging heavy tarpaulins about etc.

I work in a training establishment and part of the deal is I have to move out every time there's a course on. Should be ok until after christmas this time, so hopefully I'll be posting a lot more progress pictures soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words about the work we did on the apprenticeship project. Compared to your boat it was simplicity itself. Your passion seems to be the beauty of the old sail craft, mine is the ancient wood we used and the commercial fishing purposes for the bateau we built. I will keep up with your progress thru your postings. My blog, as the profile says, is really a commentary on life on the banks of a major river. Best of luck to you! Jim

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats